Wednesday 26 August 2009

Bread

Today I decided to make some bread. I had a packet of "Wrights" Garlic and Rosemary Focaccia bread mix in the cupboard, and decided to make it. This was very easy, just add water and olive oil and mix, then let it rise and cook.
After that I thought that I would make a loaf by hand and not in the breadmaker as usual. I just followed the recipe on the back of the yeast packet. It was quite hard work kneading it for 10 whole minutes!! I made two loaves.

As there was no cake left and I wanted something for Alice to take for her snack tomorrow I decided to get a "sausage roll" of biscuit mixture out of the freezer and cook. Some time ago and made some orange and cranberry biscuits, there was quite a lot so froze half of it in a roll. When it had thawed a bit, I just sliced it up and cooked the biscuits.





No comments: