Sunday 29 November 2009

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!





Christmas is coming! In Manningtree the other afternoon just as it was getting dark I noticed the window of The Wholefood Store, it looked so pretty I just had to take a photo.
Only 6 days until I go to Hamburg to see Alice!!




I made some mince pies using the mincemeat that I made last week. They were very tasty, got full approval from all those that tried them. I try to shop locally, but was not able to get a star cutter in Manningtree either this year or last. I had asked in Howels, the hardware and kitchen ware shop, but they did not get one in, which is a shame. In the end I found one in Lakeland in Ipswich
I used my special sweet pastry recipe which is:

3 1/2 oz butter, 5 oz plain flour, 2 oz ground almonds, 2 oz castor sugar, almond essence, 1 egg.

rub the butter into the flour and then add everything else, mix together and chill in fridge.

This makes nice crispy pastry.

No comments: