Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas day was spent at Mums, out in the wilds of Suffolk!
This Photo was taken by my sisters husband! (they haven't been married long!) and shows my Mum and Dad, my sisters and the other ones partner, Lukey, my husband and Alice and Jared, we had just finished the main course, Turkey of course, and a cheese and potato pie for those of us who don't eat meat, with roast potatoes, parsnips, brussel sprouts, leeks in cheese sauce, broccoli, cauliflower, Swede, little sausages, stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, red current jelly and gravy.

This was followed by Christmas pudding, my favourite trifle and then cheese. I was a bit full up after all that!

I had made some sweet dessert wine and we had a blind tasting against a shop bought one, mine was the favourite although Mum preferred the sweeter shop one.


I made up hampers to give to everyone. In them was a bottle of homemade wine, either Elderflower and Apple or Parsnip, a half bottle of sweet raisin dessert wine, two bottles of home brew lager, a hand knitted dishcloth, a bar of cinnamon soap, which is pictured above, a bag of fudge and a calender. I had these printed at Truprint and had picked out photos to suit each member of the family.

It was lovely to have Alice home for a few days, drove her back to Heathrow airport this morning, left at 4 a.m. and she was back at work in Hamburg by lunch time!

1 comment:

Petit Filoux said...

Seems like you had a lovely time! Your hampers sound great!!
Happy new year x