Friday 19 March 2010

CUP CAKES AND BABIES


My friend at work is expecting a baby next month. I have been busy knitting for her and have just finished this set of a hat, cardy and mittens.

I made cupcakes for Beth's last meeting before she goes off on maternity leave. I saw these "baby" paper cases in Hamburg when I went out for the Christmas markets. They have ducks, dummies and nappy pins on them. I got blue and pink baby sugar decorations form http://www.almondart.com/ This cake decorating shop is based in Clacton and does mail order.

The "blue" cupcakes were lemon with lemon icing and the "pink" were strawberry, made with jam stirred through and vanilla icing.

Alice let me borrow the cup cake stand that she had for Christmas and they looked quite beautiful and tasted very nice.

No comments: