Saturday 19 June 2010

RAINY SATURDAY

What a wonderful day! 20th June and as cold and wet as winter. It should be hot,hot , hot...


The morning started with a light shower and then the sun came out, so I decided to walk to town to do the shopping. I had to take shelter under a stall on the market as it tipped it down! Lucky me, Lukey came with the van and picked me up.

Too cold and wet to be in the garden, meant that today was a wine day. Last weekend we went out and picked lots of elderflower, I made some elderflower cordial and started off 2 lots of wine, strained this one into the demi john and now leave it to work it's magic.



I then washed and sterilized 18 bottles and filled them up. 6 bottles of "English Port", 6 bottles of "Elderberry and Blackberry" wine these will be laid down in my cellar!!!!! Well left in the shed for another 6 months to mature. Also bottled a kit wine, "Chardonnay" style , this will be ready to drink in 2 weeks.
I also made a chocolate tray bake cake and a loaf in the bread maker.

Apparently the garden needed the rain!

No comments: