Sunday 7 November 2010

AUTUMN

On Saturday morning I drove to Dedham to a farmers market, the market was not very good, more craft than farmers, only bought some pears, apples and a grape vine. I shall plant it on the allotment and see if we get any grapes! But the hedgerows along the side of the road made up for the poor market, full of orange, yellow and brown leaves and berries, I was inspired to pick some, so back home and out for a walk with my secateurs, I came home with a big bunch of twigs. I also found some seed heads in the garden and created these four arrangements.
My kitchen window sill with a beautiful view of next doors garage!
This one on the fire place in a big brown vase that my sister bought me a while ago, with lots of seed heads in it.

This one on top of the telly is in an old tin can, with some red and yellow berries.

Last night I lit some candles and the fire, settled down with my knitting to watch strictly come dancing and x factor feeling very warm and cosy. I listened to the bangs of the fireworks going on in the distance and was so glad to be at home.

No comments: