The first year on the allotment I ordered garlic bulbs from the seed catalogue and then saved one to plant last year. They were divided up into individual cloves and planted around the edge of the bed. I pulled them up as close as I could to mid summers day, and laid them out to dry. I then strung them up and popped them in the shed to keep cool. Must remember to keep one to plant again this year.
Monday, 20 August 2012
Tuesday, 7 August 2012
Saturday 4th August. The day we went to the Olympics - with tickets!!
In front of the main stadium.
We met up with Alice who had arrived to do her volunteering in the water polo. We waited ages to go in the Coca Cola tower, which was a waste of time except for at the very top they took our picture holding the torch.
We saw Dani King, Joanna Rowsell and Laura Trott win the Woman's Team Pusuit race.
The velodrome was very warm, they have to keep it hot for the cyclists, I was pleased about that as I expected it to be cold and air conditioned, but it was lovely. It was also absolutely deafening when the crowd cheered and shouted as the teams raced. So exciting, and even better when you understood what the races were and what was happening.
Oh Yes! Paul and Stella McCartney were in the audience as well..........
Thursday, 2 August 2012
1. Dress up in Union Jacks
2. Get the train to Stratford
3. Get as close as you can to the Olympic Park without a ticket and find a giant screen and deck chairs and enjoy a cup of tea
4. Take the DLR to Royal Victoria and catch the Emiriates Airline
5. Hop off at North Greenwich and catch the river taxi up the Thames
6. Head to Hyde Park to watch the games on the big screens, add some good company, a picnic rug, sun shine, something to eat and Bradley Wiggins winning the time trial.
7. Head back to Stratford and stand all the way home as the train is so full!
Even Nelson has got a Union Jack hat on!