Wednesday 10 October 2012

a tiny pixie hat

This is the tiny pixie hat that I have made for my sisters baby.  I finished it ages ago except for the tassel, as I wasn't sure how to do it, but decided last night just to get on and make it.
The pattern is from Rowan, the Little Rowan patten book.  Using Wool Cotton 4 ply in cream and a light blue/grey colour.  I got it in John Lewis and the blue looked more greyey green colour, the sort of Farrow and Ball colour that my sister likes to paint her walls.  This is more of a blue, which might not be good if she has a baby girl  - we don't know what sort of baby it will be!!

I have photographed it sitting on one of the spaghetti squashes that I have grown, they did very well and I have at last 20 of them, in varying sizes from this small one to quite large.  I had never eaten one, but seen recipes using them, so decided to give it a go and grow some- good thing that I like them, think they are going to keep me going all winter.

My foot is much better, though I am still walking with a bit of a limp and having to come downstairs one step at a time.  I went back to work on Friday last week and am worn out.  A lot of work has built up and I am still working through the emails, should be back to normal next week.

No comments: