Monday 10 June 2013

it's a bit on the huh!

We were given a cherry tree for Christmas the year before last.  Planted it on our allotment, just a little stick really.  In the summer it produced 5 cherries, I watched them turn from little green buds to almost red cherries.  I thought that they would be ready for picking at my next visit, BUT oh! no! the birds ate them!


Well, the birds are not going to get them this year


Its a bit Heath Robinson and a bit on the huh*, I know but if it keeps the birds off my precious half pound of cherries I don't care.  

 
 We are both looking quite proud of our construction!

* Being "on the huh" is a Suffolk saying for something that is not quite straight or lop sided!

3 comments:

Rustic Vintage Country said...

It matters not what it looks like as long as it does the job!

Louise said...

A bird ate my one and only kiwi fruit last year! Hopefully I'll have better luck this year (blog post coming soon), I do like your idea :)

greenthumb said...

The birds don't care what it looks like.