Friday 14 June 2013

Kitchen re-vamp continued.....

Way back in January I decided to tidy up the kitchen and paint a few cupboard doors, well it sort of developed a bit and have done a lot of work.  Still not quite ready for the grand Ta Da, but just wanted to show you my new, well re-vamped notice board

 It was a pine edged cork notice board.  I have painted the edge grey to match the dresser, covered the cork in a beige spotty material that I had in the fabric bag.  Then neatened the edges with some of the green gross grain ribbon that I bought back from Hong Kong. 



 Into each corner I stuck a drawing pin, but not any old drawing pin

 For my birthday a few weeks ago, my very good friend Gill gave me this little jar and inside were

Lots of drawing pins.  AND she had hand painted each one and added spots and hearts- wonderful!!! 

4 comments:

greenthumb said...

Looks great.

tlcukjourney said...

I think it's absolutely adorable!

joy said...

Your friend Gill must have a huge amount of patience to paint on drawing pin heads. They're lovely, as is your notice board.
Joy xx

Louise said...

This is lovely! I have an old cork notice board languishing in the garage just waiting for some TLC. That little jar of pins is such a fab idea too!