Tuesday 30 July 2013

July Scavenger Hunt

This month has flown by with lots happening. A wedding, The Tendring show, Alice coming home (hurrah!)  my sister back from HK for a holiday. We have been busy on the allotment too, lots of picking and watering.   The weather has been glorious, so hot and sunny.  The proper summer I had been hoping for.   But with no further ado, here are my photos for the July Scavenger Hunt:

BLACK: great big juicy blackberries growing on my allotment


11 - eleven Alliums, from the Chelsea Flower show




SOMETHING VERY OLD - Highclere Castle or more well known to many as Downton Abbey, the tv programme.  I visited last weekend, see here for the story of my day there.



SOMETHING BRIGHT - I have just polished the brass scales and weights


COINS - the contents of my purse £10.11



TECHNOLOGY  - my two monitors, one tells me how much electricity I am using and the other how much electricity the panels on my roof are producing.  Always hoping one is higher than the other!


NUMBERS - on my phone


WHEELS- our bikes in the shed



THE GREAT OUTDOORS - picking elderflowers to make the cordial and wine.

 

 SMILE - A very happy bride and groom




UMBRELLA - didn't think I was going to get this one, but it poured with rain the other morning and I rushed out side!



FEET - my feet, having a pedicure!





Well that is it for this month, off to start searching for the next one!  Thanks to Greenthumb at Made with Love!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Great photos but I particularly like the blackberries and the elderflower picking ( I'm waiting for the berries to ripen before making cordial). x

greenthumb said...

Thanks for taking part is this months scavenger hunt, I telly like your photos of black, feet and smiles. Greenthumb

Louise said...

Great collection of photos, I like the blackberries and aliums.

Rose Fern said...

The blackberries is also my fav photo!I would like to taste some right now! Well done!

Fundy Blue said...

Fun photos, Lizzy! Your blackberry photo reminded me of all the summer days I've spent picking blackberries in Nova Scotia! I'm glad you are having a good summer! Take care!

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Lizzy... what lovely photos! The blackberries remind me of my childhood.. picking them and my mama making a wonderful blackberry cobbler... yummy! The bride and groom are dreamy... best wishes and congratulations to both! The scale and weights.. awesome! Ahhh a pedicure.. what a lovely luxury! A great collection of photos..Susan

Nutter Buttersmith said...

Love that you rushed outside for an umbrella picture...HAHAHA! Also enjoyed the castle. I love castles in British movies & TV shows. Another one I like is Pemberley from the A&E P&P. Fun pics!

Nutter Buttersmith said...

BTW, I didn't make the cake pops. My friend Lindsey did. This is her pin board of cake pops: http://pinterest.com/lpayne11/cakepops/

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Love the photos, the elderflower picking is great and puts me to shame as I've let it pass this year!! The foot bath thingy though makes my feet feel good even though I'm not using one. I can just imagine the bliss! Suzy x

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great interpretations - we are looking forward to our blackberries getting ripe later this month. And the alliums are fabulous.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Love your umbrella photo!

tlcukjourney said...

I don't know how I missed this post! It made me smile though, love the picture of you and the umbrella... How did you come up with the idea for the scavenger hunt? I love it!
Tammy x