Monday 15 July 2013

The Tendring Show

2nd Saturday in July every year is the Tendring Show and I have gone most years since I was about 7. It is an agricultural show which is been held for almost 100 years!  Some things have changed over the years, but it is mostly the same. There are always lots of animals to see, goat and horses, sheep and cows.  The grand ring hosts various displays and there are many trade stands selling everything from crisps to hats to tractors  Lots of local organisations also give out information about things like recycling and bee keeping.   Last year it was knee deep in mud as it had rained non stop for weeks, but this year the sun blazed down and it was lovely.
 I met this little goose, who was happy to say hello
 and this beautifull bantam

 a beady eyed chicken
 I drank a lovely cup of Mocha
 made by these happy chaps!
 We drank our coffee while watching the heavy horses being judged.
 I had a chat with the goats
 We watched the horses and hounds
 Jenna bought a hat
 And we all had yogurt ice cream cones!

At the end our feet ached from walking so far, our arms ached from carrying so much shopping and our heads ached from being out in the sun for hours, but we had a lovely day and I am already looking forward to next year.
 

3 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Looks a lovely day out with friends :)

Hasn't the weather just been fab - long may it continue :)

greenthumb said...

Sounds like a great day out.

tlcukjourney said...

I'd love to go there!
I have this thing about chickens lately too... I want some.
You look great by the way, I love that gorgeous red hair of yours!
Tammy